Paracetamol tainted with diethyl glycol is thought to have killed up 25 children in Bangladesh, according to health officials in the country.
The children, aged one to five, are believed to have died from renal failure over the past six weeks. However, health officials were unable to confirm if all 25 have a history of taking paracetamol syrup.
Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in the production of paracetamol but in this case diethyl glycol appears to have been substituted.
Most of the deaths have been reported in Comilla district in south-east Bangladesh. A facility in Comilla that is believed to be the source of the contamination has been shut down.